INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE PHILOSOPHY CONFERENCE
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO SCARBOROUGH CAMPUS
University of Toronto Scarborough Campus, Association of Philosophy Students 2017 Conference : Political Philosophy — Call for Papers
Keynote Speaker : Rahul Kumar
Submission Deadline : January 19th, 2018
First Round of Selections : February 19th, 2018
Conference Date : March 24th, 2018
The University of Toronto Scarborough’s Annual International Undergraduate Philosophy Conference showcases undergraduate work in philosophy. We will be selecting four papers for presentation at this year’s conference. Presenters will be expected to facilitate a 30 minute seminar on their selected paper on the topic of political philosophy.
The theme for this year’s conference is Political Philosophy. We welcome submissions on any topics that relate to Political Philosophy, broadly construed.
APS uniquely offers students up to $550CAD in expense reimbursements if they are selected for the conference!
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Only undergraduate work will be considered for presentation at the conference or for publication in the journal. Papers must be written using appropriate academic language and tone. Professionalism is expected.
- Include: (1) author’s name, (2) paper title, (3) institution, (4) mailing address, (5) telephone number in the body of the email, and (6) email address.
- Papers must be submitted with a cover page including only the title, and abstract the paper. Please do not place any of your personal information in the body of the paper, as your paper will be subject to blind review.
- Submissions must be titled and be accompanied by a concise abstract introducing the author’s topic and summarizing the paper’s central thesis, which should be around 150 words.
- Submissions should be between 3,000-4,000 words.
- Acceptable document formats for submissions include PDF, and DOCX.
- Please email all submissions to email@example.com.
Any questions concerning the submission guidelines or the conference itself should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit utscaps.wordpress.com, or alternatively, email us at email@example.com.