INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE PHILOSOPHY CONFERENCE
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO SCARBOROUGH CAMPUS
The University of Toronto Scarborough’s annual International Undergraduate Philosophy Conference showcases undergraduate work in philosophy. We will be selecting four papers for presentation at this year’s conference. Presenters will be expected to facilitate a 30 minute seminar on their selected paper. (All submissions will additionally be considered for publication in the University of Toronto Scarborough’s undergraduate journal of philosophy, Noumena. Noumena is printed annually, and accepts submissions year round.)
Additional information about the International Undergraduate Philosophy Conference may be found online at: https://utscaps.wordpress.com/programs-events/conference/
Note : Applicants should receive an email receipt regarding their submission within 5 business days.
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Only undergraduate work will be considered for presentation at the conference or for publication in the journal. Papers must be written using appropriate academic language and tone. Professionalism is expected.
- Include the (1)author’s name, (2) Paper Title, (3) institution, (4) mailing address, and (5) telephone number the body of the email.
- Papers must be submitted with a cover page including only the title, and abstract the paper. Please do not place any of your personal information in the body of the paper, as your paper will be subject to blind review.
- Submissions must be titled and be accompanied by a concise abstract introducing the author’s topic and summarizing the paper’s central thesis.
- Submissions should be between 2,000–5,000 words.
- Acceptable document formats for submissions include PDF, and DOC.X.
- Please email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions concerning the submission guidelines or the conference itself should be emailed to email@example.com.